Woo hoo! It’s YASLA’s annual Teen Read Week! Personally, I like to think every week should be Teen Read Week, but I’m not in charge (yet) so for now, we’ll celebrate in an orderly fashion.
There are events happening on-line and in-person if you are so inclined to be a part of it. You can check it out here: http://teenreadweek.ning.com/events
Also, here is a handy Top Ten list for 2012, from the American Library Association. I am here to tell you that 7 out of 10 of these books are wonderful, and the other 3 are probably just as wonderful, it’s just that I haven’t read them all yet.
However, I don’t think a Top Ten is nearly enough to encompass all the great books that have come out this year, so I’m looking for your suggestions, too!
For me, I’d have to include:
- Past Perfect by Leila Sales
- My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
- Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan and Justine Larbalastier
- The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler
- A whole bunch of awesome books I haven’t read until this year but came out in previous years.
YA is my passion and I read it by the bucketful, so if you’re looking for a suggestion, just ask! And please, please–share your recommendations in the comments. I’m always looking for something wonderful.